Created in 2007, Memorial Hermann Community Benefit Corporation (MHCBC), a subsidiary of Memorial Hermann Health System, implements programs to work with other healthcare providers, government agencies, business leaders and community stakeholders to ensure that all residents of the greater Houston area have access to the care they need to improve their quality of life and the overall health of the community. Primary program foci include education on, access to, and provision of primary medical, dental, mental health, and social service support to underserved populations; food as health; and, exercise as medicine.
The mission of Memorial Hermann Community Benefit Corporation is to test and measure innovative solutions that promote good health for the individual, the health system and the community. We collaborate with others as well as create signature, evidence-based ways to improve the communities where people live, work, learn, and play.
- We collaborate with others.
- We embrace innovative approaches.
- We support educational efforts focused on prevention and appropriate use of our community’s healthcare resources.
- We measure the outcomes of each effort and only sustain and expand those with demonstrable outcomes.
- We are committed to engaging our employees, volunteers, and medical staffs in our efforts.