Awards & Distinctions
Memorial Hermann Community Benefit Corporation has been recognized by many different groups and associations for its innovative efforts to address the issue of healthcare access for the underserved and uninsured.
Hospital Charitable Services Award
Memorial Hermann Health Centers for Schools was named a Program of Excellence by Jackson Healthcare through its Hospital Charitable Services Award program. According to Charles R. Evans, FACHE, chairman of the Awards program, Programs of Excellence are truly innovative and compassionate in their mission to serve the underserved in their community.
Foster G. McGaw Prize
Memorial Hermann Health System was one of three finalists for the prestigious Foster G. McGaw Prize. Memorial Hermann was recognized for its significant accomplishments in community service to advance the health of the people in Southeast Texas through trusted partnerships with physicians, employees and others to deliver the best possible health solutions while relentlessly pursuing quality and value.
The American Hospital Association (AHA) NOVA Award
The second-highest hospital award given by the AHA, the NOVA recognized Memorial Herman Health Centers for Schools for working collaboratively and effectively to improve community health status.
Monroe E. Trout Premier Cares Award.
The Premier Cares Award spotlights innovative programs that help the medically underserved and focuses attention on the need to support and replicate such efforts. Memorial Hermann Health Centers for Schools was recognized as an award finalist.
HISD Hall of Fame Award.
Memorial Hermann was inducted into the Houston Independent School District (HISD) Hall of Fame for its creation with HISD of the Memorial Hermann Health Centers for Schools Program.
TAPE Gold Award.
The Texas Association of Partners in Education (TAPE) recognized Memorial Hermann with its prestigious Gold Award for Texas Community Partnership for Memorial Hermann's Health Centers for Schools. TAPE works to strengthen student success through volunteer, community and business/school partnerships that enhance the success of young people in school.
- 2010 Beacon of Hope Recipient, Mental Health America of Fort Bend County (awarded to the Lamar Clinic)
- 2007 VHA (Voluntary Hospitals of America) Leadership Award for Community Benefits Excellence
- Memorial Hermann Health Centers for Schools Program: 2003 Recipient of the Excellence in Community Service Award from Texas Hospital Association
- Memorial Hermann Mobile Dental Program: 2001 Recipient of Texas Dental Association Certificate of Merit
- 1998 VHA (Voluntary Hospitals of America) Leadership Award for Improving Community Health
- 1998 THA Community Service Award Entry - Finalist
- Memorial Health Centers for Schools --Jane Long Clinic: 1997 Recipient of the Greater Southwest Houston Chamber Education Partner Award